- Business & Commerce
- Children’s Services
- City Agencies
- Community Organizations
- Cultural Arts & Music
- Employment Resources
- Government & Voter Resources
- Housing & Environment
- Legal Services
- Health & Safety
- Senior Services
- Sports & Athletics
- Women & Minorities
- Youth & Mentoring
- Land Use
- Press Room
- Contact Us
Council Member Leroy Comrie Attends Queens Botanical Garden Annual Rose Gala
With Queens having the largest amount of green space of all the boroughs, Council Member Leroy Comrie was pleased to honor some of the women who help New Yorkers enjoy recreational spaces such as the Botanical Garden and parks.
“As the weather gets warmer outside and Queens’ residents look to take advantage of the summer days, we are lucky to have people like the ones we are honoring here today who help maintain our free and open spaces” said Council Member Leroy Comrie.
The honorees were Queens Parks Commissioner Dorothy Lewandowski, community organizer Julia Ermish, lifetime Queens resident Suzanne Karl, and Assurance Services Managing Partner for the Northeast region of Ernst and Young, Linda Lam.
With Queens Borough President Helen Marshall recognizing all the women with citations, Councilman Comrie, with Council Member Peter Koo, presented proclamations on behalf of the Queens Delegations of the City Council to all the honorees.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Sign up for our e-newsletter!
- Police Encounters and What To Do If You’re Stopped By The Police
- Applications for the Neighborhood Slow Zone program
- FEMA registration deadline extended for Hurricane Sandy survivors in N.Y.
- Neighborhood Revitalization NYC (NRNYC) Mold Treatment Program
- NYC Department of Small Business Services Announces Small Business Assistance Grant Program for Businesses Impacted by Hurricane Sandy
- Fiscal Year 2014 Budget – Capital and Discretionary Funding Update
- Summer 2013 Play Street Opportunity
- Citizens Committee for New York City awards grants up to $3,000
- Capital Funding for Fiscal Year 2014
- CUNY Career Path Accepting Applicants for Low / No Cost Courses
- NYC Rapid Repairs
- Request for Storm Recovery Assistance
- Tax Lien Outreach Event – Tuesday, May 7 2013
- Salsa Night in Queens on Friday June 14th
- Council Member Leroy Comrie Announces Extension Of Property Tax Assessments For Communities Affected By Superstorm Sandy
- Council Member Leroy Comrie Passes Legislation To Help Small Businesses
- NYS Minority and Women’s Business Enterprise Program Information Session for Certification